GEYA Soccer for the Spring 2021
We are very excited to announce the return of GEYA Soccer for the Spring 2021 season. It has been a long wait since we made the difficult decisions to cancel the Spring and Fall 2020 seasons. Hopefully, we can stop the spread of COVID and experience success as a country and community with vaccine distribution, so that we can get back on the grass with all the kids and the sport we love. The GEYA Soccer Board will continue to monitor the situation and while we reserve the right to react to safety conditions as the season draws nearer, our intent is to follow a typical Spring schedule based on a typical divisional structure. Here’s what you need to know:
- Registration will remain open from Jan 24to February 28at 6 PM.
- We encourage you to register promptly to secure your child’s place as we expect will have to manage numbers carefully with a view to how much available field space we have.
- Registration link:https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/250263
- Please note that we have migrated to a new registration platform (TeamSnap), which makes it easier for coaches and players to communicate with one another via a superior mobile app.
- If your child participates in another program and you already have login credentials for TeamSnap, you can use those credentials to login. However, you will still have to enter fresh player and parent information specific to the GEYA league/registration forms.
- The registration fee for all divisions is $95 per player, but that fee will not be collected initially.
- Once we are certain we can proceed with our season under safe conditions, supported by local authorities and Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association, we will issue invoices for prompt payment.
- An additional, COVID-specific waiver will also be required for each player at the time payment.
- We will have boys and girls division for Kindergarten, 1stgrade, 2nd/3rdgrade, 4th/5thgrade, 6th-8thgrade, and a single, COED division for grades 9-12.
- Practices will begin in the final week of March and the season will end on Sunday, June 6
- Subject to field capacity, each team will be scheduled for one weeknight and one weekend event each week (a mix of practices and games).
- All logistical matters (such as number of players per team, field size, length of game, the potential for mandatory masks at all times, and other safety protocols) are still being evaluated by the Soccer Board.
- Likewise, the school fields and UUT fields we typically use have not been confirmed as open for play due to COVID and we are awaiting their final decision, even as we explore other local options.
- HIGH 5 Soccer for children with special needs is still being evaluated by the Soccer Board. Because HIGH 5 involves close interactions between players and buddies, we have to exercise an additional degree of caution when considering the Spring 2021 season.A separate communication will follow from Coach Jenn and Coach Matt in the near future.
Now more than ever, we need an ample number of coaching volunteers as well as administrative help on the Soccer Board to deliver a successful season. Please consider how you can help and indicate your willingness to contribute in the appropriate field on the registration forms. You can rest assured that the fun of being on the field with your kids and their friends, especially after such a trying year, will totally eclipse the effort you expend!
We have truly missed our soccer community, and we can’t wait to reunite with all of you.
President, GEYA Soccer
Hey Jay, I didn’t see a comment section or special request but I have recruited Debra Cilea, Vaughan’s mom to coach with me if it works out that way so I actually have help this season for the few coactions that I’m away. I also convinced my older daughter to occasionally show up and play, she’s a senior with little to no soccer experience, since she is dating Debra’s son.
Hopefully this works out, let me know if you think there will be a draft.